Recent FriendFeed entries

15 November 2008

Newsified


Newsified

Hi, I'm Luke Stevens and Newsified is my project. Thanks for stopping by!

There are a few things I set out to achieve with Newsified:

  • I wanted a central location where I could get a birds-eyeview of popular social news sites (and Youtube for video) where I couldquickly skim the 90% of popular content that isn't covered on theirhome page, once or twice a day, whilst preserving the content 'flavor'of each site
  • I wanted to see what social news would look like in a news format rather than the typical top-down blog style
  • Finally, I wanted a test bed to run some simple, multivariate, data-driven design experiments

I'll explain each of these aims in more depth below.

TechCrunch
Unlike similar services like popurls, Alltop and Loud3r,Newsified presents the top content of various social news sites likenews articles instead of a simple list of links, with a headline ontop, short summaries if available and an indication of the originalsource with icon and direct clickthrough. This enables you to get anoverview of what's popular on the internet across different categories,all on a single page (which also means you'll be scrolling down quite abit).
Granted, Newsified isn't going to win freelance designer LukeStevens any prizes for innovation, but it's bound to be of interest tothose who like to stay on top of what's hot on the web, regardless ofwhat category it falls under.

Posted by email from Sigalon - The Swedish Frog (posterous)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In the computer business since 1962 - love IT.