Recent FriendFeed entries

23 October 2008

Canned Responses


Google's New Handy Gmail Tool: Canned Responses

Tom Spring, PC World

Oct 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Google's continued effort to make Gmail a powerful e-mail platform continues this week with the introduction of Canned Responses.This feature allows you to create a library of short e-mail responsesthat can be selected in just a few clicks when replying to an e-mail.

Thisfeature is handy for anyone who is sick of typing out the identicalresponse to multiple people. I could see this as a handy feature forstoring directions to your home or commonly used e-mail responses suchas "Unsubscribe: Please remove me from your e-mailing list."

You can take Canned Responses a step further, as Google points out,and and use the feature to personalize e-mail auto-replies withspecific messages. For example, you can have two canned messages set upto reply to either your boss or a friend. The one for your boss mightread is "Sorry I missed you, I'm hard at work" and the other "Catch meon my cell phone, I'm likely down at the bar."

Posted by email from Sigalon's posterous

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In the computer business since 1962 - love IT.